Listen Notes Website Quickstarts
In this article, we'll give you an overview of some key product features on ListenNotes.com.
1. Podcast Search Engine
As of Oct. 2022, there are over 2.9 million podcasts and 146 million episodes - See Podcast Stats. By contrast:
- IMDb has over 8.7 million titles (movies, TV shows, TV episodes)
- Spotify has over 8.2 million tracks
- Audible has over 470,000 audiobooks
A podcast search engine is inevitable.
When you visit ListenNotes.com, you'll see a search engine UI, which is similar to Google.
When you click on the search bar and start typing search terms (e.g., a topic, or a person's name), you'll see a popup modal for suggestions:
You can click on one of those suggestions (e.g., a search term, a category, a podcast) to continue.
Or you can just hit enter to open a search result page like this:
By default, the search result page includes episodes that are most relevant to the provided search term.
You can switch to rank search results by published date:
And you can apply some filters to narrow search results (Note: some filters are premium features):
2. Listen Later Playlists
Click on a "SAVE" button to add a podcast or an episode to a playlist:
A Listen Later playlist can be either episode-centric or podcast-centric. An episode-centric playlist includes a list of episodes. A podcast-centric playlist includes a list of podcasts. You can switch by clicking on the "EPISODE" or "PODCAST" tab.
This is how a Listen Later playlist looks like ( Example):
Listen Later playlists provide a new way to consume podcast contents. You can use your favorite podcast apps to subscribe to the RSS feed of a Listen Later playlist. Here's a demo video:
You can find all of your Listen Later playlists by clicking on the "Listen Later" link on top right of every page of ListenNotes.com:
A Listen Later playlist can be either public, unlisted, or private:
- Public: It may be seen on the homepage or this page.
- Unlisted: Only people with the link can view this list.
- Private: Only you and contributors can view this list.
You can invite other people to curate the same Listen Later playlist:
3. Podcast Discovery Tools
In addition to the powerful podcast search engine, we also provide a bunch of tools to help you discover interesting podcasts.
You can find those tools under the "Discover" link on the top right of every page of ListenNotes.com (Desktop version):
Or under the "MORE" menu on the mobile version of our website:
It's like Google Analytics Real-Time, but for podcast episodes. These are the podcast episodes being listened to via Listen Notes right now.
1. Pick some podcasts. 2. Get recommendations for similar podcasts.
3.3. Best Podcasts
Podcasts recommended by Listen Notes employees.
3.4. Hot Podcasts
Popular shows today, based on user activities on the Listen Notes platform.
3.5. Curated Podcasts
Curated lists of awesome podcasts from online resources, e.g., articles, forum discussions...
3.6. Featured Playlists
Explore thousands of awesome podcast playlists created by our community.
The best place to find co-hosts, guests, sponsors, and cross-promotions for your podcasts.
3.8. Chrome Extension
The Official Listen Notes Browser Extension. Search podcasts by topics. Suggest podcasts for websites.
- Search directly in the address bar (omnibar): L + [Tab]
- Select text on a web page and right click to search from the context menu
- Search in the popup menu from the toolbar
4. Create Podcast Clips for Free
You can easily create a clip on Listen Notes ( Example):
And you can download the audio or video file ( Example):
A few quick links that may be useful to you:
- Listen Clips: Create a clips of episodes.
- Listen Alerts: Monitor podcast mentions, which is like Google Alerts.
- Podcast Stats: Some interesting podcast stats from our podcast database.
- Labs: A few experimental projects from Listen Notes.
- The Official Listen Notes Blog: Learn how we built Listen Notes.
- Podcaster Interviews: Written interviews of podcasters.
- Podcast Academy: Learn podcasting!
- How to get transcripts for any podcasts?
- How to Find Podcasts to Be a Guest On